What, praytell, is ammunition? And for who or what? Not ammunition for guns, not ammunition against enemies, nor ammunition against even friends, no, this is about ammunition against God. For reference, this entry is written in a similar vein as a previous entry entitled Just Prayers. However, like that time, I am not saying that I am under any of those such pressures. So, I was reflecting that it seems very easy for people to take what God gives them and become angered by it. That "stuff," is your ammunition. Everyone has ammunition, even I do. I can think of a ten reasons right now (were I not so very in love with God this very minute) that could tear my mind out of sanity and drive me to rage. Yet I can think of a hundred reasons that God is the only solution. To be provoked to anger is what many people, both Christians and non-believers alike, have in their mindset sometimes. They think that they deserve better than this or that, so the world tells us to become complacent and just say "screw it". Screw the belief system, screw religion, the "it's not like I'm any better off because of it, right?" opinion.
Wait! But, because we have God and this amazing gift of forgiveness of sins and life eternal in store for us, the situation is quite the reverse. Because He gave His only Son for us! Because He has much more in store for us! Because He wants us to help spread this message to all those who don't know about it! Therefore, when the world calls us to cast away beliefs and go for what will please us here on this earth, remember that we have a God in heaven. Remember to
"store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal"When Satan tempts us to dissolution, when the world tells us to throw in the towel, when all your troubles seem to be piling up, when it feels like someone has it out for you, remember that this ammunition is what Satan wants you to use against God. Don't do it! Those are four against nay not one hundred, but an innumerable amount of blessings that you have because of Him.
-- Matthew 6:20 NIV
Godspeed ye and good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment