This is a draft. In case I don't make my deadline.
The above was written on November 28th. Yes, I'm that OCD about it now -the writing of entries once per month. It's now December 7th. I think that next year, I'll be more lenient with that so I can write things when they come to me instead of waiting for the ensuing month to arrive. This particular thought has been in the recesses of my mind since mid-November.
Sometime in November, we started to have weekly prayer meetings around 9:00P in Morrow. One of those weeks, the leader had prompted us to pray about seeking after God. She said to cast away all our misgivings and wrongdoings of the week past, and concentrate on hearing God's words. This brought thoughts to my mind about how we seek Him, and where He is in all of this. After that, I thought more about it and gave it the label, "halfway."
Suppose you live in Town A and your friend lives in Town B (and for the purpose of this analogy, you both live the same exact distance from the border C). If you'd want to meet up, the best place would be C, right? I feel like this is analogous to where we meet our God. There's an album title by the group Fatboy Slim called "Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars." Regardless of where their connotations (for the album and the songs on it) lie, this is what I was reminded of when thinking about this entire blurb.
I feel like we're in the worldly, the gutter of heaven and earth, and where God lives is so far out of our reach, that we can only reach halfway even with all we try. And God? Well, God is omnipresent, but he can not force himself upon us! That's where free will comes in, we have to make the decision to embrace God and seek after Him. God will always be waiting there at that midway point for us! Gravity pulls us down, that is the troubles of the world and all that satan can throw at us, but we have to keep striving for that meeting with God!
Hoping this finds you well and rested, Godspeed.
The above was written on November 28th. Yes, I'm that OCD about it now -the writing of entries once per month. It's now December 7th. I think that next year, I'll be more lenient with that so I can write things when they come to me instead of waiting for the ensuing month to arrive. This particular thought has been in the recesses of my mind since mid-November.
Sometime in November, we started to have weekly prayer meetings around 9:00P in Morrow. One of those weeks, the leader had prompted us to pray about seeking after God. She said to cast away all our misgivings and wrongdoings of the week past, and concentrate on hearing God's words. This brought thoughts to my mind about how we seek Him, and where He is in all of this. After that, I thought more about it and gave it the label, "halfway."
Suppose you live in Town A and your friend lives in Town B (and for the purpose of this analogy, you both live the same exact distance from the border C). If you'd want to meet up, the best place would be C, right? I feel like this is analogous to where we meet our God. There's an album title by the group Fatboy Slim called "Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars." Regardless of where their connotations (for the album and the songs on it) lie, this is what I was reminded of when thinking about this entire blurb.
I feel like we're in the worldly, the gutter of heaven and earth, and where God lives is so far out of our reach, that we can only reach halfway even with all we try. And God? Well, God is omnipresent, but he can not force himself upon us! That's where free will comes in, we have to make the decision to embrace God and seek after Him. God will always be waiting there at that midway point for us! Gravity pulls us down, that is the troubles of the world and all that satan can throw at us, but we have to keep striving for that meeting with God!
Hoping this finds you well and rested, Godspeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment