On the precipice of the arduous soliloquy, a tale of argent wonders and archaic mysteries is being woven. I just had a bunch of cool words that I really wanted to have see the light of day. And now my blogger starts with an epic line. Seriously though, I am on the brink of something exciting. In April I will be catching a plane to Tokyo, Japan and not coming back until late August. Along with the worldwide Christian organization YWAM, I'll be participating as a student in the Discipleship Training School (DTS) offered there.
If I were to stay in this current state of inanely droning on through the days, a mere denizen of my second story bedroom, I can imagine only sediment piling atop my spiritual journey (as well as my social environment). It was just last December that I began searching for an organization with which I could pursue missionary work. And now I have the opportunity to unsheathe my spiritual sword, to see how the message of Christ can be spread across this world. Not just by my hands and feet, but with the Holy and triune God at the forefront of this spiritual battlefield.
A lot can happen in five months. I've prayed through, begun, and gone through the collapse of a close relationship in five months. That was a year ago now; it should be but a silhouette of the past. But I digress, people can change in five months or less than that. People can enter a relationship and hold through it. People can finish school and move out and away. People can find what they've always been looking for. People may change from being so coyly droll into a hardened soul. I guess what I'm trying to say is, without that sentimentality weighing down, I can imagine that things will certainly have changed 'round these here parts. And that does add to the fears of going on this trip, but knowing God will provide for the undoubtedly optimal way of changing my world is comforting.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment