Around mid-June I was walking on the rooftop of a 3-story building. Not desiring death or anything self-destructive, just wanting time alone with God. There came a light drizzle so I grabbed an umbrella and stood in the center of the flat tiled roof. As I stood I saw puddles forming and rain splashing into them, but I also saw something else.
Two large cranes soaring in the sky, their red and white tiers steadily increasing in size and reaching heavenward. It was their reflection I saw in the puddle, distorted as it was by raindrops and breezes. In that moment I simply marveled at water and how its properties amazed me. I hurriedly tried to capture it with my camera. Reflections are nothing new under the sun, right? Instead I realized something greater, it was pointing upward. Creation reflects its Creator. Even with these man-made structures I was able to see the skies because of the earth.
You can spend your whole life trying to ignore God and His glory in the heavens, but it's impossible to see it in some way or another. Who wouldn't fall over at the beauty of His creation? You walk around, head down, but a puddle shows you there's more.. in the skies, the heavens. A popular Christian worship song has the lyrics: "There must be more than this. Oh breath of God come breathe within." There is more than this. There is more than what you see. There is a God, and He wants to make himself known to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment