Here's some food for thought. The other day I was sitting in the McDonald's with my Bible and notebook, admiring the silver-lined pages on my Bible. I thought about how others have the gold-edged paper or are without it. I personally am not a fan of the gold-edge Bibles. It's such a tiny detail but I like silver.
These thoughts being the day to day ramblings of a man sitting at McD's, I do actually have something to say here. Thinking more about the gold-edged pages, I thought of how people see gold these days. It's often perceived as tacky to paint your car gold or to wear absurd gold coloured items. Why is that? Are the imitations too obvious or is there a devaluing of the gold standard? Gold is a precious metal that our economies are backed by (a la Fort Knox, USA). But why is there a brow-furrowing view of gold, something considered precious?
Moreover, the world has devalued yet another precious thing. Not a metal but one person whom was fully man and fully God. Our Saviour, Jesus Christ. How we ignore His presence daily! How we put Him out of our minds every hour! How we mock him, insult him, and spite him with our own pride and arrogance! This is one Precious, that ought not to be besmirched.
Job 22:25 ESV: "then the Almighty will be your gold and your precious silver."
(These thoughts aren't very well constructed, I know. Just a few passing thoughts. A warm-up, if you will.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment