Something I have been reflecting on this year is what I give the first voice of my day to. Do I wake up and immediately grab my phone to check what the latest on social media is? Do my thoughts go to what I need to do instead of who I need to be? They do. At church a couple months ago the pastor spoke on the concept of giving God the first words of the day. After waking up, pausing to listen for what God is saying to me.
I put it into practice immediately and was glad of the focus it brought to my daily life. I was greatly encouraged at one point while doing a staff community fast to put ourselves before the Lord when I felt that God said "bide." Its definitions can vary from bearing to persevering and contains an element of 'abiding'. Going through that day, I brought the word bide back to mind time and time again to search out where I could land with the Father.
Another day I rose to the word "remembrance" and set my heart to remember the testimonies I have had walking with the Lord. Amen! God, I call You GOOD!
The short of it is that I have since stopped with this habit of seeking the Lord first in my day in true first commandment love. I want to begin again, and expect God to speak good things into my identity and purpose daily, and to draw attention to others in what needs they may carry!
No comments:
Post a Comment