Live A LIFE WORTHY of the CALLING
Sounds like a very simple blanket statement. But truly, it struck me hard and woke me up. Have I been living a life worthy of the calling? Do people know by my actions and words that I'm going into ministry, to overseas missions after graduation? Not in the sense that I'm prideful of it, but in the sense that I'm not the average male college student who still procrastinates, still plays computer games, maybe goes to church, etc.
It hurts me to say it, but I have not. I judge people silently when I see them do 'un-Christianly' things. Often times I curse when I'm not around fellow brothers and sisters in Christ and sometimes when I'm by myself and just walking on the street, and a car speeds up instead of slowing down. I don't do my daily devotionals, which makes me pretty much a church goer who doesn't have a personal relationship with God. Am I going through the motions? I don't do my devotions and I attribute my low spirit to it, but have I really earnestly tried to pick them up despite what everyone says encouragingly? No.
Well, this was a major wake up call, and if I hadn't gone to that praise night I don't think I would've ever picked this up for even longer. So I'm truly thankful to who invited me to it and for me having the time to go. Let's get this show on the road.
When I'm weary from the fight,
Or trying to do what's right,
You bring times of refreshing to my soul.
Godbless and Godspeed.