Monday, February 09, 2009

The Perfect Beat

Time to write about one of my passions, or the turnover from one of them. Drumming. I love drumming. It's fantastic! Granted I haven't improved my technique in any specific methods that are by the book, but I feel I've improved. This post isn't about all that 'showcasing' though. This is about the perfect beat. The perfect beat doesn't exist. There is no beat that will always resonate no matter what time of day it is. There is however, a beat for every specific time, and that is why I love beats.

Something about that bass drum kicking and snare drum with a ticking hi-hat really just hits my core. Fills are nice too, but a solid beat (for me) doesn't require that. Hip hop tends to have the greatest beats I can find out on the music scene, but it isn't limited to only that. I've found many an instrumental (instro) without a rap overlaying that makes the cut. I've also listened to a bunch of electronica and dub and had satisfying results there as well. If I could, I'd record some beats of my own, but as of late, attempts with my digital camera have been unsuccessful.

No comments: