I love efficiency. So much so, that I recently discovered I was an expert in efficiency. That is, the efficiency of wasting time.
How does something like that become more efficient? Well, it is simply: finding more ways to waste time without it even being noticed. It only took me one game of Heroes of Newerth to realize what was up with all my friends being viciously obsessed with DoTA. And installing League of Legends last week was the same deal. The way they make the game pushes you to get to the next 'big' thing or level. Added to that is the fact that there is no real-time clock visible whilst playing said games. You can spend hours before you realize hours have gone by.
So it is simply this. As I have aged, I've simply found more entertaining means of wasting time, of peeing it down the drain so to speak, of sinking it down the proverbial time ocean. If it weren't for the anchor of my life, the Lord, I wouldn't have come to this realization. If my actions are not for the Kingdom, either for relationship with God or with people, then they are for naught. And with that, I move past this. (= Onward, soldier for Christ.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment