Wednesday, March 02, 2011

FutureMe

A special treat just arrived via email. I feel comfortable posting it here. A good recollection of things past and a nudge to what I'm doing now! PTL.

The following is an e-mail from the past, sent through FutureMe.org
It was composed on Tuesday, February 2, 2010, to be sent on Wednesday, March 2, 2011:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear FutureMe,
I'm in that strange limbo between college and career right now. It's the one that people who didn't line up post-grad plans end up strangled in for however long a period of time. Although, I have to say it isn't completely true. I'm waiting on the results of the application to do a DTS with YWAM! There goes 5 months out of this year if I'm accepted. And when you read this email, you'll hopefully have gone through that experience. What wisdom will I gain over the course of time? Only you (and God!) can answer that question.

Currently I've a few close friends with whom I communicate regularly. It scares me that it could change very quickly in 2 months. People may go far away, friends might disappear to pursue their own callings. I guess that's what I'm most afraid of- and yet comforted by- God changing my life. I pray that I will continually strive to be Christ-like and mission-minded, not to be destroyed by temptations, and to persevere for the Lord.

I try not to think about romantic relationships, knowing that in 2 months I might be gone from this locality. It's unwise to damage someone else's heart besides my own, so I'll keep my feelings in check. It's for the great good, the great God, anyways. And I have to deny myself for Him. (=

In Christ Alone,
PastMe

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
like hearing from your past?
please consider a donation! http://www.futureme.org/donate/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No comments: