I often think about the ministry of reconciliation that we are called to walk in through Christ. My desire is to see the nations of Asia be united together as one body of believers, saved, sanctified and delivered, to minister as brother and sister not as foe and former ravager.
One of the things that I have been thinking about is a sort of irritation I had when I attended a conference some time ago. I traveled to Hong Kong in team to do ministry and also while present there we attended a massive conference welcoming Asian believers to worship together. The first night was amazing- I found myself weeping at the sight of all these believers, bonds cast off, worshiping in throngs with much endurance.
The next day we attended later in the day as we had other duties in the morning. We were at a reconciliation service between the Japanese and the Chinese churches. That is awesome. However at some point in the latter end of the ceremony I found myself thinking "It's time to move on. They are reconciled, that's enough already." While previously I wrestled with these emotions and thought I was judging or holding contempt, I think I recognize that this is more a longing for the end output of a reconciled relationship.
I long not for the hours of honest, prostrated, on-your-knees type of apologies and forgiveness but for what will come out of that one day when the apologies are all finally said and the gifts are all finally exchanged. What I long for looks like marriage. Reconciliation must produce marriage, not in the ceremonial sense of a husband and a wife but rather the spiritual and relational sense of unity and working together. And my heart is burdened by those who still remain hard-hearted, refuse to repent, and cannot release forgiveness to each other within the church and outside of the church. My heart is burdened because I know God's grace is present for them but I also feel that it won't be forever. Just as the availability of receiving Christ's saving grace does have an end time. Hurry, church of Asia and church of Asia expatriate, forgive one another and be reconciled so that God's work may be carried out through you as one body!
I posit Reconciliation Unto Marriage.
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment